Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Top Songs of 7th Grade

I was sick earlier this week, which gave me a lot of time to surf the internet. One of the things I discovered is that the Billboard website includes a listing of the top songs for every week going back to 1958. Looking over the lists from the 1980s I found so many songs that I loved from my childhood. My musical tastes got quite a bit more specific by the time I reached junior high school, but the songs listed up until about 1992 got me feeling really nostalgic. Here are the #1 songs from the year I was in 7th grade (1991-1992), including the song title, artist, the peak date, and how long the song was at #1.

3 comments:

Amanda Buchan said...

These songs make me want to dance arm length away from the cutest boy in school.

cranky rae said...

Me too!! Wow, 7th grade was a year for solid-gold jams. Glad to see you posting again, Schmidt.

joyce said...

i suddenly have...all of these emotions... color me bad? EMF? don't let the sun go down on me? mr. big?!? wowowow