Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation!

I think sleeping in today was totally okay, considering that Melissa and I:
  1. are not churchgoers
  2. didn't get home last night until about 1am
  3. are laid-back people who don't need to get up early every frickin' day of the week
Besides, sleeping in is one of the luxuries of being on vacation. And since I just finished class for the quarter on Friday, and have a whole month before I have to be in class again, I consider myself to be very much on vacation. Of course, I do still have to work full time. Two years ago, I don't think I'd have considered a normal work week to be "vacation", but being in grad school has changed my perspective a bit. Coming home after a day at the library and not having to worry about readings or homework feels just about like paradise.

Some of the things I did this weekend which made it especially fun/relaxing include:
  1. Flatiron steak at Asado to celebrate finishing my first year of library school
  2. Seeing good friends Jennae (visiting from New York City!), Stina, and Maggie
  3. Starting the second seasons of both Deadwood and Dexter
  4. Having lunch with Grandma Jeanne, Aunt Beth, and Tessie in Bummertown
  5. Driving the scenic route to Indianola
  6. Conveyor-belt sushi at Blue C in Fremont
  7. Hanging out with an adorable one-year-old (and not having to live with one)
  8. Picking huckleberries in the rain
  9. Listening for hours to my dad and step-mom's stories about life in law enforcement
  10. Not thinking about copyright law

5 comments:

Mindy Bizzell said...

I would love to listen to stories about law enforcement, and I get to hang out and live with an adorable 1 year old!!!Sounds like we live congruent lives. Hope you guys are well!!

Stina Grace said...

Picking huckleberries in the rain? How R&N (romantic and nostalgic) of you! It was great to pile you guys all in my truck. Happy Vacationing!

megawats said...

A normal work week also sounds like a bit of a vacation to me now, too...and I haven't even started classes yet! DOOMED.

Oh, and are you saying I should return the 10 vol. leatherbound set of "Copyright Law Throughout the Ages" I got you for Christmas? 'Cause I thought you could use a little light reading? Damn.

Unknown said...

I'm mildly insulted you were in North Kitsap on Sunday and didn't spend any time with the one year old you're related to. For shame. Ella needs more Dan and Melissa time some time soon.

cranky rae said...

Dan, I'm anxiously awaiting your next post. Chop, chop.