Friday, August 15, 2008

What are "Dan Duties"?

That's a good question.

First of all, I'm Dan. And "Dan Duties" is a term coined by my girlfriend of many years, Melissa, to describe the various undertakings (some mundane, some obscure) which I feel compelled to occupy my free time with.

I don't quite feel up to writing much narrative on my nascent weblog yet, so I'll start off with a list of some things that are definitely not Dan Duties:
  1. Sports of any kind
  2. In-depth political analysis
  3. Chick lit
  4. B movies
  5. Gardening
  6. Celebrity gossip
  7. Financial planning
  8. Reality television
  9. Fan fiction
  10. Plans for world domination
If you're hoping for any of that stuff, you'll want to look for it somewhere else on the World Wide Web. Not making any promises, but I might blog about some of the following:
  1. Stuff I watch on Netflix
  2. Vacations around the Pacific Northwest and in the Greater Toronto Area
  3. Food I eat
  4. Library issues
  5. Puget Sound history
  6. News stories that strike me as interesting (including my favorite: stories about dumb criminals!)
  7. Middle-earth
  8. Critters of all kinds
  9. Whatever I might be reading
  10. Indignation over traffic transgressions of Washington drivers
So, I dunno. I guess this is my first blog entry. Yippee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Evidently, Dan either exclusively vacations around the Pacific Northwest and the Greater Toronto Area or he blogs exclusively about those vacations.

Either way, it's a little strange.
Kinda like answering your own questions.