Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dan's Weird Dreams: #1

I don't always remember my dreams by the time I'm fully awake in the morning, but the dreams I do remember are usually pretty fucking weird. Like last night's.

I dreamed that there was some kind of spore from outer space that was infecting people on Earth. And I was in Manhattan when people started getting it. (I've never been to NY in real life, by the way.) Nobody knew what to do about the contagion; it spread quickly and there was no cure. And basically it turned people into brainwashed drones who you'd want to steer clear of. But in the terminal phase of the infection, people's heads would melt. Martial law was put into effect to contain it. But then it became clear that the national guard or the army or whoever it was were just brainwashed too, and I had to run away into the countryside. I went into hiding, and it turned out that the whole thing had been set in motion by aliens to weaken our resistance when they came to invade. Their spaceships started landing, and I realized that Earth was pretty much fucked, and then I woke up.

Still though, the thing I remember is watching people's heads melt. Everything between the ears and above the jaw would just spontaneously liquefy... Can't really get that image out of my head. Gross.

No comments: